Friday, September 20, 2013

Wantable Review (Accessories) ~ September 2013

Hello all!  So I wanted to try out a Wantable box after I saw a review about their beauty box on another blog.  When I went to their site I noticed that they actually had an accessories and intimates box as well!  I read about the accessories box and decided that I wanted to try it out.  I received the box pretty quickly and was definitely excited to see the goodies inside.

"A Beautiful New Thing"..ooh la la!
With Wantable's accessories box, you get three to four pieces of boutique jewelry for $40, or $36 per box if you decide to subscribe.  They have you take a short quiz to get to know your own personal style so that they can pick pieces that they think you will like.  I received three items in my box- a watch, a necklace, and a ring.  


The first item that I picked up was this watch.  It is a silver Bora brand watch and I believe the style is the "Rickie".  Now, I did take the style quiz, but this watch is definitely not my style.  Obviously I know they can't read minds so their choices won't always be perfect.   However, I still was not feeling this watch much at all.  I think this one will be gifted to a friend or family member. On the bright side, it does seem to be pretty good quality.  It has a good weight to it and doesn't seem too cheaply made. Overall, not really my style, but pretty good quality nonetheless.  According to my order form from Wantable, this watch retails for $32.


 Next we come to this necklace which I actually did like quite a lot.  This is something I could definitely see myself wearing so they did a good job with this one.  It is a long, multi-tone gold and black necklace which is called the "Hermoine".  The order form doesn't say which brand this necklace is, only the style name.  Once again, this seems like a pretty good quality accessory for being a fashion jewelry piece.  I wear black a lot in the winter so I think I will surely get multiple uses out of this necklace.  According to Wantable's order form this necklace retails for $28.  Seems a little steep for this particular item, but not too outrageous either I suppose.


The last item was this gold-tone ring called the "Cuore".  I told Wantable in the style quiz that my ring size is a 7, so it seems like their rings run pretty true to size.  The ring is a simple, thin band with a little heart in the middle.  Nothing too fancy but I like simple jewelry too so I actually liked this one.  When it comes to rings, I love big, fancy cocktail rings, but I also love simple, small rings as well because my fingers are so tiny.  I normally wear either a size 6 or 7 so finding good-fitting rings can be tough.  This one is very cute and should go with a lot of different looks.  Wantable says this item retails for $22 which I honestly thought seemed WAY too high for this ring.  It is very light and has a little bubbling on the surface of the heart so a retail price that high seemed a little off to me.


Overall, I did like the Wantable accessories box, but I thought the value did not exactly match up.  Although the combined retail price of the box is $82 (according to Wantable), I personally did not think the items lived up to that value.  Seeing as how I was unhappy with one item, I did not feel that the $40 I paid for these three items was necessarily worth it for me.  I actually contacted Wantable because on the order form they send with the box, it showed a picture of three items that I absolutely loved with the caption "Your September Accessories Box".  I guess I misunderstood, because that apparently is just a generic picture that they put on everyone's order form.  I was a little bummed about that since I liked those items a lot more than the items I actually got in my box!  When I got a response from them, they basically said I could return the box if I didn't like it which seemed a little unhelpful to me. I would consider trying another box from Wantable but it would be with a little hesitation.  I still think the box is a little pricey but it seems as though they have pretty good quality jewelry which I guess is still a positive since you never know what you're gonna get when blindly ordering fashion jewelry online!




No comments:

Post a Comment